Saturday, May 28, 2011

Peace or Ignorance?

I am runner 12389 and it is Race Eve.  I had breakfast on the Indian Ocean. Lunch at the Durban Country Club with Greenville friends and their South African friends. (more later) The table was full of Comrades Vets and their stories. I felt like I was in a movie. A Comedy. I have already dropped off my post race bag (yes, running friends- isn’t that a great idea- the day before!) I even bumped into Klaus my tour guide. And am sitting with my feet propped.  I feel great- The energy for the race is so positive and communal.  The taxi drivers ask if I am running and have advice, the hotel is full of runners.  People are running a short slow shakeout run on the beach. Dinner will be early as will bed.  The race starts at 5:30 AM here which is 11:30 PM Saturday night EST.  The race ends 11:30AM EST Sunday morning. 


Tomorrow has a lot of unknown for me.  I have never run a harder course, I have never run this far. But, I am grateful to be at the start line healthy and with all of you guys yelling behind me.  Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
Curtsy.

3 comments:

  1. Now I know where Arthur learned his curtsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I think I have got to get to the gym, instead I settle for a walk around the block. By the end I have the dog on one leash and Lucas in tow on his rollerblades. Later I call my father in law to pick him up on the golf cart, he's afraid he has blisters. I meet them at the house later. And I wonder how in the world do you do it? I can not stop thinking about you! Yesterday I took Lucas shopping with me and he he gets shoes, Skelitoes because they're running shoes and I wonder if he will one day be as inspired as you. He has ran all about for the day in his new running shoes. Later we have dinner with Harry's parents and we pull out the globe and find where you are and marvel at your drive. Then I wake up and I've had a dream about you, I mention that you glow and your regular comment, it's sweat but I can call it glow and you'll take it! :0)And now, I'll be checking in on my blackberry all day waiting to see... has she posted? Amazing...you are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley-yes! hahahaha!


    Amy- you are very kind but really the fact that you sweetly and smartly teach other people's children every day, day after day is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete